…due to relocation and some conference deadlines. Which is also why some of the articles referenced here are actually from the 19th August: they should have gone in the previous week’s list, but I didn’t have wireless access at that point.
SC Magazine , 19th August:
Conferencing in the Metaverse: Looking forward to conferences without jetlag.
Keyloggers and malicious intent: If it isn’t maliciously intended, can it be malware?
- Malware De-Cloaked: August 23rd
- Hasta La Vista, Bootkit: Exploiting the VBR: August 23rd
- Backup Basics (pointer to an excellent article by Aryeh Goretsky): 25th August
- Cybercrime Corner Revisited: 26th August
- Social media: information wants to be free… 26th August
- Putting your money where your pancreas is… 26th August
- Comex: Scrumper turned Gamekeeper
- Also heavily quoted in Drew Amorosi’s “Rotting Apple” feature on OS X – targeting malware, in the July/August 2011. No softcopy link yet.
I’m not going to promise there won’t be any more blogs by tomorrow, having been caught out that way last week. But I do have two presentations to write and a conference next week. 🙂
David Harley CITP FBCS CISSP
Small Blue-Green World/AVIEN
ESET Senior Research Fellow